Âé¶¹ÊÓÆµ is for learners. Whether youâ€™re exploring a career change, adding to your professional portfolio, looking for family enrichment, or retired and enlivening a new life passion, we inviteÌýyou to engage in the wide variety of learning opportunities presented on our campuses and throughout the region.
- For Educators:Ìý°Õ³ó±ðÌýOffice of Education Services offers a broad range of credit and non-credit courses, educational services, resources, and professional development and serves as a clearinghouse for requests for research assistance, consultation and collaboration.ÌýFor more information, call 703-993-6165.Ìý.Ìý
- For Professionals:ÌýÂé¶¹ÊÓÆµ offers a broad range of courses to help build your leadership skills, get up to speed on the latest HR regulations, build up your technical toolkit, or work toward an advanced degree. We have the program you will need to get ahead,Ìýand many are formatted to fit around a busy work day.
- For Real Estate Professionals: The offers development workshops, conference sponsorships, case study tours, and lectures.
- : At our free sessions,Ìývisitors can peer into the infinite with our 32-inch Richey-Cretien telescope, and learn from scientists during a 30-minute presentation. During daytime tours, visitors can see sunspots and prominences through the six-inch solar telescope. If you really have stars in your eyes,Ìýjoin our team of volunteers, who share their excitement about astronomy at public events and conduct minor maintenance.
- Lifelong Learning:ÌýÂé¶¹ÊÓÆµ'sÌýÌýandÌýÌýprograms deliverÌýall the fun of learning with no homework and no exams to Virginia seniors. In addition to a variety of courses and special events, as official affiliates of Âé¶¹ÊÓÆµ, members can participate in university activities and use university resources either free or at a significant discount. ÌýOur social activities can include clubs, luncheons, open house parties and picnics. Members can also volunteer and teach courses.
- : Eligible residents over the age of 60, based on income, may enroll for credit in university courses through the Nondegree Studies Program without paying tuition. Senior citizens who are at least 60 years of age may register to audit courses for free regardless of income level.Ìý
- :ÌýSelect a topic and expert from more than 100 Âé¶¹ÊÓÆµÌýprofessors, researchers, administrators and alumni volunteers. They provide lectures and guest presentations to organizations and businesses at no cost.